Compassionate, biblical, and thought-provoking, Embodied is an accessible guide for Christians who want help navigating issues related to the transgender conversation. Preston Sprinkle draws on Scripture as well as real-life stories of individuals struggling with gender dysphoria to help readers understand the complexities and emotions of this highly relevant topic. With careful research and an engaging style, Embodied explores:
- What it means to be transgender, nonbinary, and gender-queer, and how these identities relate to being male or female
- Why most stereotypes about what it means to be a man and woman come from the culture and not the Bible
- What the Bible says about humans created in God’s image as male and female, and how this relates to transgender experiences
- Moral questions surrounding medical interventions such as sex reassignment surgery
- Which pronouns to use and how to navigate the bathroom debate
- Why more and more teens are questioning their gender
Written for Christian leaders, pastors, and parents, Embodied fills the great need for Christians to speak into the confusing and emotionally charged questions surrounding the transgender conversation.