In this resource-rich book, you’ll find:
– All the planning and instructional tools you need to teach guided reading well, from pre-A to fluent, organized around Richardson’s proven Assess-Decide-Guide framework.
– Prompts, discussion starters, teaching points, word lists, intervention suggestions, and more to support all students, including dual language learners and struggling readers.
– 29 comprehension modules that cover essential strategies—monitoring, retelling, inferring, summarizing, and many others.
– Plus an online resource bank with dozens of downloadable assessment and record-keeping forms, Richardson’s all-new, stage-specific lesson plan templates.
– More than 50 videos showing Jan modeling key parts of guided reading lessons for every stage.
About the Author
Praise For The The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading: An Assess-Decide-Guide Framework for Supporting Every Reader…
Reading Next Step Forward in Guided Reading is like talking with Jan. You get clear, practical, and actionable suggestions for helping children move along a trajectory of growth toward evermore challenging texts.”
—Holly Slaughter, Reading and Language Arts Specialist, Pinellas County Schools, FL